Web Sites – What Do You Need To Do And More Importantly Not Do?
You’ve finally decided to get yourself a web site, you’ve got some products ready and you are all set to go. So here are some “rules” for a good site.
1) Decide on the subject of your web site, make a single subject and ensure that it is very clear to your visitors.
2) Have a constant theme, color scheme, fonts etc.
3) Make the site easy on the eye and don’t use moving and uncomfortable to view graphics.
4) Make it easy to navigate. – use a logical navigation system, including “home” button. Navigation is usually found at the top or left hand side. Links to minor pages are usually found at the bottom of the page.
5) Include such standard pages such as “about us”, “contact us”, “legal”, “terms and conditions”, “privacy”, “links”
6) Keep your pages to about 1 screen depth – people rarely like to keep scrolling down.
7) Make your graphics of good quality and quick to load.
8) If you wish to sell from the site – use a recognizable and trusted payment processor.
9) Make it easy for people to purchase from you by using a clear payment path and reassuring instructions.
9) Web logs and visitor buttons should be invisible to the viewer. Counters on the front page are for show offs and amateurs.
10) Keep advertising to a minimum and appropriate to the web site.
11) Have interesting and changing information
13) SEO your site
14) Market your site intelligently
15) Lastly have fun with your site.
© Copyright 2007 Biz Guru Ltd
Lee Lister, writes as The Biz Guru, for a number of web sites including her own sites. With over 20 year’s management and business consultancy experience with businesses large and small as well as being a serial entrepreneur, she now helps others set up, develop and market their businesses at www.StartMyNewBusiness.com
If you would like articles like this written for your company hop over to www.WriteAndCorrect.com
This article may be freely distributed if this resource box stays attached.