Got A Few Domain Names And Donít Know What To Do With Them?
OK so youíve been buying interesting domain names and you donít really know what to do with them now. Hereís a few suggestions:
1) Well the obvious one is to build a site form with them. Hunt around for some products you have Ė or group a few products together to make a new one and sell them from the new site. If you have no spare products Ė make one or take one from your existing sites. Make sure that you donít duplicate the content by rewriting some of your copy. It helps if the product matches the domain name.
2) If you are not up to or donít want to build a new site or you really donít have a product then; use your hosts "build a site" facility to put up a simple one/two page site with some info and an affiliate link to it. As you answer questions in forums - put this link on the bottom. Write a couple of articles with the link in your box. Doesn't take much work but it may earn money, but it is letting the search engines know you are there and building up your listing. I have a number of sites that I do a soft launch like this on.
3) Park the domain - a lot of domain registrars and hosts offer this facility. They put ads on the domain and give you a cut of the proceeds. Because they are volume users they get good prices from the advertisers.
4) Put up an article site Ė by using articles from EzineArticles.com or ArticlesHut.com and put AdSense or Clikkad.com adverts on them.
5) If you do not want the domain for ever, offer to auction it off with a high reserve price - if it goes it goes for a profit the great. If it does not go for what you wanted Ė you still have the domain.
6) Redirect the domain to another of your sites.
Hope that this helps and good luck.
© Copyright 2007 Biz Guru Services Ltd
Lee Lister, writes as The Biz Guru, for a number of web sites including her own sites. With over 20 yearís management and business consultancy experience with businesses large and small as well as being a serial entrepreneur, she now helps others set up, develop and market their businesses.
This article may be freely distributed if this resource box stays attached.