Got A Few Domain Names And Don’t Know What To Do With Them?
OK so you’ve been buying interesting domain names and you don’t really know what to do with them now. Here’s a few suggestions:
1) Well the obvious one is to build a site form with them. Hunt around for some products you have – or group a few products together to make a new one and sell them from the new site. If you have no spare products – make one or take one from your existing sites. Make sure that you don’t duplicate the content by rewriting some of your copy. It helps if the product matches the domain name.
2) If you are not up to or don’t want to build a new site or you really don’t have a product then; use your hosts “build a site” facility to put up a simple one/two page site with some info and an affiliate link to it. As you answer questions in forums – put this link on the bottom. Write a couple of articles with the link in your box. Doesn’t take much work but it may earn money, but it is letting the search engines know you are there and building up your listing. I have a number of sites that I do a soft launch like this on.
3) Park the domain – a lot of domain registrars and hosts offer this facility. They put ads on the domain and give you a cut of the proceeds. Because they are volume users they get good prices from the advertisers.
4) Put up an article site – by using articles from EzineArticles.com or ArticlesHut.com and put AdSense or Clikkad.com adverts on them.
5) If you do not want the domain for ever, offer to auction it off with a high reserve price – if it goes it goes for a profit the great. If it does not go for what you wanted – you still have the domain.
6) Redirect the domain to another of your sites.
Hope that this helps and good luck.